The OnePlus 12R is a mid-range phone that offers flagship-like features at a budget-friendly price. It has a stunning design, a vibrant AMOLED screen, a powerful Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, a large 5000mAh battery with 100W charging, and a decent 50MP main camera. It also comes with OxygenOS 14, which is a smooth and customizable software experience.
- Design: The OnePlus 12R has a sleek and premium design that resembles the OnePlus 12. It has a 6.7-inch display with a hole-punch cutout for the selfie camera, a circular camera module at the back, and a metal frame with a physical alert slider. The phone is available in three colors: Midnight Black, Arctic Blue, and Sunrise Red. It also has IP65 dust and water resistance, which is a nice addition for a mid-range phone.
- Display: The OnePlus 12R has a 6.7-inch AMOLED screen with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels and a refresh rate of 120Hz. The screen is bright, colorful, and responsive, and supports HDR10+ and DCI-P3 color gamut. The screen also has an in-display fingerprint sensor and a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The display is one of the best features of the OnePlus 12R, as it offers a flagship-level viewing experience.
- Performance and battery: The OnePlus 12R is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, which is the same processor used in the OnePlus 11. The phone comes with 8GB or 16GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The phone can handle any task or game with ease, and does not show any signs of lag or stutter. The phone also has a 5000mAh battery, which is the largest ever in a OnePlus phone. The battery can last for more than a day of moderate use, and can be fully charged in just 30 minutes with the included 100W Warp Charge adapter. The phone does not support wireless charging, which is a minor drawback.
- Cameras: The OnePlus 12R has a quad-camera setup at the back, consisting of a 50MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth camera. The main camera uses a Sony IMX766 sensor, which is the same as the OnePlus 12’s ultra-wide camera. The main camera can take sharp and detailed photos in good lighting, and decent photos in low-light. The ultra-wide camera has a 119-degree field of view, and can capture some nice landscapes and group shots. The macro and depth cameras are not very impressive, and are mostly there for marketing purposes. The phone can also record 4K videos at 60fps, and has a Super Stable mode for smooth footage. The front-facing camera is a 16MP shooter, which can take good selfies and support face unlock.
- Software: The OnePlus 12R runs on OxygenOS 14, which is based on Android 12. OxygenOS 14 is a clean and fast software experience, with some useful features and customizations. The phone has the Trinity Engine, which is a set of technologies that optimize the CPU, RAM, and ROM performance, and prevent the phone from slowing down over time. The phone also has some OnePlus-exclusive features, such as Zen Mode, Work-Life Balance, Parallel Apps, and Quick Launch. The phone is expected to receive two major Android updates and three years of security updates, which is decent but not as good as the OnePlus 12.
In conclusion, the OnePlus 12R is a great mid-range phone that offers a lot of value for money. It has a beautiful design, a fantastic display, a powerful performance, a long-lasting battery, and a decent main camera. It also has a smooth and user-friendly software experience, and some unique features. It may not have the latest camera innovations, wireless charging, or the best update promise, but it still delivers on most fronts. The OnePlus 12R is a phone that can compete with some of the best flagships in the market, and is definitely worth considering.