Here are 10 interesting things about Linda Yaccarino
- Linda Yaccarino was born on November 27, 1963 in Long Island, New York. She is of Italian descent and grew up in Deer Park, New York.
- Linda Yaccarino graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a bachelor’s degree in telecommunications in 1985. She is an alumna of the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications.
- Linda Yaccarino worked for Turner Entertainment for 15 years, becoming executive vice president and chief operating officer of ad sales. She played a key role in developing innovative advertising and marketing solutions for brands like CNN, TNT, and TBS.
- Linda Yaccarino joined NBCUniversal in October 2011 as the head of NBCUniversal’s advertising sales . She played a key role in the launch of Peacock streaming service and oversaw the ad sales for brands like NBC News, Focus Features, and Bravo.
- Linda Yaccarino joined the Ad Council in 2014 and became chair of the Ad Council’s board of directors in January 2021. She partnered with the Biden administration in 2021 to create a coronavirus vaccine campaign that featured Pope Francis .
- Linda Yaccarino was appointed by President Donald Trump to the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition in 2018. She also chaired the Future of Work task force for the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Linda Yaccarino resigned from NBCUniversal on May 12, 2023 and on the same day Elon Musk announced that Yaccarino would be the new chief executive officer of X Corp. and Twitter . She succeeded Musk as the CEO of both companies on June 5, 2023.
- Linda Yaccarino is widely respected in the advertising industry and has been described as fierce, shrewd, and ambitious by her peers. She has won several awards and honors for her work, including being named one of the most powerful women in media by The Hollywood Reporter and Forbes .
- Linda Yaccarino is married to Claude Madrazo, whom she met on a blind date. They have two children and live in Sea Cliff, New York . She became a grandmother for the first time in 2022.
- Linda Yaccarino’s social media accounts are dotted with celebrity appearances, such as Terry Crews, Jimmy Fallon, and Tina Fey. She is also an avid reader and a fan of Broadway shows.