1) Watson is an artificial intelligence created by IBM or a supercomputer equipped with artificial intelligence. The name is taken from the founder of the first IBM. The goal is to have human-level understanding and justice analysis skills. FYI, Watson is also known to be used for medical purposes, and, coincidentally, the same name as Sherlock Holmes’ doctor friend.
2) Watson appeared on the popular American quiz show Jeopardy! on February 14, 2011, and is a kind of technology demonstration project like Deep Blue.
3) Watson Health Group was established in Kendall Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, and Watson is being used for experiments such as thesis analysis at cancer research centers, etc., and 70,000 papers, which would normally take a scientist 38 years if they read 5 a day, in one month 6 proteins that affect anticancer genes were found.
4) Watson expects to be able to analyze about 85% of all cancers by the end of 2017.
5) There is an anecdote that technicians put Urban Dictionary, a kind of swear word dictionary, in Watson DB, and Watson could not distinguish between swear words and regular words, so it became a profane computer.